CORPORATE SECRETARIAL PRACTICE
Our Corporate Secretarial Practice represents both local and international companies engaged in a wide variety of service, distribution, manufacturing, construction, technology, insurance and financial service businesses.
As professional advisers to our clients it is important for us to understand their businesses and strategic objectives. Our lawyers are commercially minded. We believe in developing close working relationships with our clients and their officers, and understand the importance of delivering practical advice in a timely and cost efficient manner. This close working relationship has resulted in the appointments of our lawyers as directors of some of our corporate and institutional clients.
We also act on a retainer basis for many established clients who outsource their legal and compliance work to us, including the management of their corporate secretarial functions.
With Singapore as the Asia-Pacific headquarters for several of our clients, we also advise on and assist with the setting up of operations and doing business in the Asia-Pacific region. We have extensive contacts and counterparts in most countries through our membership of the International Lawyers Network.
Our corporate lawyers undertake a broad range of transactional, contractual and advisory work, including:
- corporate restructuring
- capital restructuring
- private equity infusions
- cross border transactions
- corporate governance advice and compliance
- asset, share and business acquisitions/divestment transactions
- local and regional joint ventures
- investment agreements
- entertainment, sports/leisure agreements
- labour & employment issues
- agency and distribution agreements
- licensing and franchise agreements
- employment contracts
- management and consultancy agreements
- general corporate work
- corporate secretarial work